Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Sales Representative II - Crop Protection - Southwest Minnesota
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Field Sales Representative for our crop protection team, you will be a trusted advisor that develops Bayer's retail and customer focused business. You will implements sales initiatives with the intent of achieving or exceeding financial targets. In this role, you will cover the following counties in southwest Minnesota: Swift, Chippewa, Lac-Qui-Parle, Yellow Medicine, Lincoln & Lyon.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative II - Crop Protection, are to:
- Achieve assigned targets with Bayer products in coordination with pod-mates;
- Develop and implement dealer business plans, manage forecasting proactively, inventory management and product line demand issues;
- Set the business direction and coordinate follow-ups with dealers;
- Serve as the key business consultant to retailers and dealer and effectively sell the value of Bayer Crop Science products;
- Demonstrate proof of product performance against the competition by being the champion of Bayer brands and product/technical/agronomic knowledge;
- Collaborate with pod-mate Field Sales Representatives (FSRs), CBAs and Bayer Agronomists and Technology Development Representatives (TDR) to maximize services, information and sales to preferred growers and key customer accounts;
- Manage actively inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure success of meeting business objectives;
- Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information;
- Utilize data to make key decisions to drive the business;
- Follow set strategies for achieving long and short business plans for key accounts and assigned area;
- Manage expense effectively, discretionary dollars and program payments per Bayer Crop Science policy;
- Show initiative in expanding selling skills and product/portfolio knowledge;
- Ensure achievement of program execution and program fulfillment including national/regional marketing initiatives;
- Partner Successfully with pod-mate FSRs/CBAs and manage the relationship with top growers and retailers;
- Act as the business expert for top growers and retailers, while planning for customer business needs;
- Act as mentor to FSR interns, Trainees, or more junior FSRs as requested by leadership;
- Manage area claims per Bayer Crop Science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, administration and resource management;
- Travel approximately 60%;
- Grow market share of Crop Protection/Seed and Trait business and create demand for seed growth, seed and trait and chemistry within territory.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- At least three years of experience in Sales, Marketing, Account Management or Agriculture;
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written);
- Demonstrated initiative, assertiveness and ability to drive results;
- Strong business acumen, account planning, influencing and critical thinking skills;
- Financial, time and territory management proficiency;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced and matrixed environment;
- Strong computer and presentation skills (proficiencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Demonstrated digital acumen and ability to analyze data to influence decisions;
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment;
- Proven interest in supporting collaboration and teamwork within a pod-structure;
- Ability to pass driving record background check which includes moving violations, accidents, License suspension, etc;
- Position requires driving for the company that may fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated product, portfolio and agronomic knowledge.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols.
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 394081
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales
Entry Level : Professional