Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Sales Representative II- Crop Protection-Michigan
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Field Sales Representative for our Crop Protection team, you will be a trusted advisor that develops Bayer's retail and customer focused business. You will implement sales initiatives with the intent of achieving or exceeding financial targets. In this role, you will cover the Grand Rapids area of Michigan. Counties would include: Oceana, Mason, Lake Newaygo, Muskegon, Ottawa, Kent, Ionia, Montcalm, Mecosta, Osceola, Manistee, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Wexford, Midland, Gladwin Gratiot, Clinton, Isabella, Ogemaw, Iosco, lcona, Alpena, Montmorency, Presque,Isle, Otsego, Cheboygan, Emmet, Charlevoix, Leelanau
The primary responsibilities of a Field Sales Representative II for Crop Protection include:
- Develop sales strategies for assigned customers and potential customers;
- Communicate customer requirements to proper internal personnel;
- Call on existing and potential customers to sell Bayer products and present recommendations on product introduction;
- Participate in local organizations to maintain awareness of industry issues;
- Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information;
- Achieve or exceed budgeted sales volume for assigned area;
- Develop and update annual sales forecast;
- Assist in formulation and implementation of long and short-term strategic sales plans for accounts within assigned area;
- Formulate and recommend strategies for achieving long and short business plans for key accounts and assigned area;
- Participate in industry trade shows;
- Assist in establishment and maintenance of travel/entertainment budget.
- Position requires driving for the company that will fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction and may require a CDL. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S. degree in Business, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with at least two years of proven sales experience;
- Non-degreed individuals must have proven equivalent experience in sales with the market, products or technology;
- Possess advanced understanding of sales/marketing techniques and knowledge of the assigned products, markets and customer base;
- Good organizational and planning skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written);
- Possess advanced persuasive abilities and negotiation skills in order to influence current and potential customers to Bayer products.
- Possess a DOT Driver medical card or the ability to obtain one through successfully completing and passing a DOT physical. In addition, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria. Drivers with previous DOT driving experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety checks and applicable review.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 297301
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales
Entry Level : Professional