Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Sales Rep I
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Field Sales representative for Channel, you will be responsible for growing the market share of Seed & Trait business within Northwest Ohio covering the counties of Darke, Mercer, Van Wert, Paulding, Defiance, Henry Putnam, Allen, Auglaize, Shelby, Logan, Hardin, and Union.
. In this position, you will create demand for Bayer seed growth and Seed & Trait chemistry products through retailers, dealers, and top growers.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative I, are to:
- Develop and implement dealer business plans, manage forecasting, inventory management and product line demand issues, set the business direction, and coordinate follow-ups with dealers;
- Serve as the key business consultant to retailers and dealer and effectively sell the value of Bayer crop science products;
- Demonstrate proof of product performance against the competition by being the champion of Bayer brands and product/technical/ agronomic knowledge;
- Collaborate with Bayer agronomists and technology development representatives (TDR) to maximize services, information, and sales to preferred growers desiring extensive technical/agronomic expertise;
- Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information;
- Manage, actively, inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure success of meeting business objectives;
- Formulate and recommend strategies for achieving long and short business plans for key accounts and assigned area;
- Manage, effectively, expenses, discretionary dollars and program payments per Bayer crop science policy;
- Ensure achievement of program execution and program fulfillment; including national/regional marketing initiatives;
- Partner and manage, successfully, the relationship with top growers;
- Act as the business expert for top growers and negotiate and plan for customer needs (handle product performance inquiries, establishment of customer trial/plot plans, and coordination of plot tours with key customers);
- Manage area claims per Bayer crop science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, administration and resource management;
- Educate internal stakeholders and customers on products and systems;
- Travel approximately 60% of the time, defined as travel within defined territory in addition to occasional overnights for Bayer sponsored meetings and customer events.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- At least one year of experience in sales, marketing, account management or agriculture;
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written);
- Demonstrated self-motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation;
- Strong business acumen, account planning, influencing and critical thinking skills;
- Financial, time, and territory management proficiency;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced and matrixed environment;
- Strong computer and presentation skills (proficiencies in word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook);
- Demonstrated digital acumen and ability to analyze data to influence decisions;
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment;
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated product, portfolio and agronomic knowledge.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: Residence Based
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 239321
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales
Entry Level : Professional