Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Development Scientist II
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Development Scientist II, are to:
- Be responsible for the timely completion of biological performance studies for compounds in the field development phase of new product discovery and development. Significant involvement in early stage testing is expected;
- Serve as the local Bayer contact for University research staff and other key influencers and establish a working partnership with them. Make presentations to customers and at scientific meetings to promote and create interest in Bayer technology;
- Participate in Sales and customer training, conduct of promotional trials and by contributing to new product labels. Support is also provided through frequent interaction with Technical Service, new product development, and new use discovery for current products at a local and regional level. Assist with development of product positioning for the Sales District and Region;
- Network with peers, Tech Service, Regional management and Product Development to identify new business opportunities, explore means to capitalize on these opportunities, and to optimize Bayer resources. Position protocols and GIA with influencers with some assistance and assist with special emphasis seminars. Maintain direct interface with key customers and University personnel to keep updated on new technology and pest problems. Serve as a Bayer CropScience Ambassador;
- Responsible for safety in handling and storage of pesticides, vehicle and equipment used to conduct field trials. Assist with safety training;
- Cooperate with Product Development and Tech Service to conduct biological trials in areas or crops not readily available at other locations. Identify new opportunities and plan strategies with Tech Service and Sales;
- Maintain an active status in appropriate professional societies and industry groups, prepare, and deliver technical presentations at meetings.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in crop protection technologies OR M.S. with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in crop protection technologies OR B.S. with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in crop protection technologies;
- Functional knowledge of all key and most secondary crops and pests within the territory is essential;
- Working knowledge in three pest control disciplines is required;
- Incumbent must be a proven resource for innovation, trial design, and conduct of field trials, with regional/national familiarity with crop/pest biology and management principals in the area of his/her specialty;
- Advanced communication and human relations skills are necessary to perform the duties of the position;
- Ability to influence decision makers and project a positive Bayer technical image;
- Advanced analytical and creative skills are needed to identify and take advantage of new business opportunities within the territory;
- Advanced organizational, prioritization, and planning skills;
- Advanced interpersonal skills are required for effective interaction with key influencers, peers and other Bayer CropScience personnel recognize individuals in this position as one to seek for advice in problem solving;
- Capable of operating experimental and commercial spray equipment and laboratory equipment;
- Hold a current commercial pesticide applicators license or ability to obtain current pesticide applicators license;
- Ability to summarize protocols with Regional impact;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Relocation may be provided for this position.
Reference Code: 65008
Functional Area: R&D other jobs
Entry Level : Professional