Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Crew Member
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Crew Member, are to:
- Perform under supervision in all functions of the farm, in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) which include seed production activities in nursery, manufacturing, and maintenance settings, this includes activities such as field preparation, planting, cultivating, pollinating, harvesting, seed processing, crop protection, field purity and irrigation/fertigation, etc.;
- Follow daily direction and work priorities from Field Crew Leads, Field Crew Assistants and Seed Technicians;
- Demonstrate teamwork by completing quality tasks through daily communication and coordination with other crew and supervisors;
- Actively participate in Bayer’s safety program by adhering to all safety policies and training;
- Report issues that may affect quality of products to supervisors;
- Collect and enter data using agriculture technologies;
- Operate agriculture equipment, which may include (but not limited) to tractors, harvesters, shellers, sprayers, and irrigation equipment as applicable;
- Assist in other projects and duties as required or assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively, both verbally and written;
- Ability to learn applicable technology, to include (but not limited to) handheld devices and desktop computers;
- Ability to function both individually and as a member of a team;
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours per week) with ability to meet overtime demands including occasional shift work, weekends, and holidays;
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas including the seed processing facility, fields, and/or warehouse environment;
- Frequent walking and standing on flat and uneven surfaces, this can include frequent work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions;
- Ability to climb ladders and occasionally perform elevated work;
- Be able to lift, push, and pull 40 - 50 pounds regularly;
- Have availability to meet overtime demands, including occasional work on weekends and holidays.
- Valid Hawaii driver’s license;
- Ability to operate machinery and agriculture equipment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 481169
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Entry Level : Job Starter