Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Facilities & Maintenance Lead
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Facilities & Maintenance Lead, are to:
- Lead the site maintenance team and activities across farms and facilities along with providing strategy to maintain the performance and reliability of all facilities and equipment;
- Optimize staffing across different skills and experience to meet the demands of multiple programs. Enable the cross utilization of personnel to ensure critical systems and tasks have operational redundancy;
- Optimize people performance and development through mentoring, coaching, training, recognition, creation of progression plans, appraisals/reviews, discipline, documentation, follow up and provide developmental opportunities;
- Partner with operations leads to schedule, prioritize, and assign projects for repair and maintenance activities;
- Ensure all site systems can be repaired or replaced within a defined criticality window by maintaining stocks of critical spares, performing Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) on critical or frequent breakdowns, and hiring staff to support site needs;
- Drive site wide use of computer managed maintenance systems (CMMS) for logging issues, scheduling regular maintenance tasks, maintaining spares inventory and tracking key performance indicators;
- Drive continuous process improvements that reduce cycle times and costs for the global corn pipelines. Create and use CMMS reports and/or dashboards to define key performance indicators, support process improvements, and discover efficiencies. Drive the evolution of maintenance activities from primarily reactive through preventative and prescriptive programs;
- Partner with the Site Operations Lead to develop, forecast, and manage the site maintenance budget, asset care, and capital replacement plans;
- Partner with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) to ensure that site systems meet industry and Bayer safety and environmental standards;
- Lead and participate in community outreach efforts;
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Non degreed with at least 20 years relevant experience, OR Bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years of relevant experience, OR Master’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience managing facility or plant operations, reliability engineering, or manufacturing best practices;
- Prior experience with people management/development through direct reports;
- Ability to drive influence and contribute to employee development;
- Direct experience in root cause failure analysis for mechanical, electrical, and/or software systems;
- Experience with industrial automation and equipment for production environments;
- Experience with Maintenance Connection or other CMMS;
- Experience working on or leading cross functional teams;
- Valid driver's license. Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers;
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds;
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Experience with agricultural and/or heavy equipment;
- Experience with building trades and/or as a contractor;
- Knowledge of process improvement principles such as Lean, Six Sigma;
- Knowledge of Waste Systems Management.
Domestic relocation may be provided for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Hawaii : Kihei|