Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
External Manufacturing Engineering Intern - Summer 2021
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In Bayer’s Pharmaceuticals division, we focus on researching, developing and marketing specialty-focused innovative medicines that provide significant clinical benefit and value, primarily in the therapeutic areas of cardiology, oncology, gynecology, hematology and ophthalmology. With our innovative products, we seek to achieve therapeutic benefit for patients, while at the same time satisfying the growing requirements of physicians and health insurers. As one of the leading research-based pharmaceutical companies worldwide, we have nearly 50 ongoing development projects in clinical trials.
The primary responsibilities of this role, External Manufacturing Intern, are to:
- Support the engineering team on various projects including product transfers, continuous improvement activities and design upgrades;
- Work to conduct and document identified technical activities;
- Be able to work independently;
- Be able to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems, determine next steps and communicate path forward to the responsible engineer;
- Conduct project management activities, testing / trial work, analyze results, communicate observations and conclusions (written and verbal) and make next step recommendations;
- Improve production processes and manufacturing techniques in order to meet COGS and quality targets;
- Apply Engineering skills to support projects, drive results and communicate to the teams;
- Support other engineers in operations management activities;
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program. With a focus in Mechanical, Industrial, Plastics or other Engineering Discipline Major;
- Must be actively entering sophomore through graduate year of college;
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical skills through coursework or extracurricular activities;
- Ability to generate or execute test methods and protocols;
- Strong customer focus of internal and external customers;
- Good written and oral communication as well as strong presentation skills;
- Independently demonstrate the ability to create ideas and solutions;
- Attention to detail, goal seeker and demonstrated [strong] work ethic;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools especially MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere.
- Available to work within one of the following two timeframes, at 40 hours per week for each:
- January 11, 2021 - June 11, 2021
- May 17, 2021 - August 6, 2021
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 248731
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Student