Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Enviro Eng, are to:
- Maintain an understanding of site operations, attend project reviews and review management of changes for assigned manufacturing area to determine environmental impact with limited support;
- Assist in the interpretation of regulations to communicate and assist in applying those requirements to plant operations;
- Accurately prepare permit applications with limited support;
- Complete accurate engineering calculations to support environmental emissions reporting and permit applications;
- Participate in training initiatives related to environmental regulations and guidelines;
- Perform engineering design and calculation assignments;
- Begin to build functional expertise;
- Support resolution of non-compliance situations;
- Support audits on site environmental programs;
- Lead small teams.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or related discipline and with at least two years of progressive engineering experience or Master’s Degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering;
- Work knowledge of Engineering tools and software;
- Express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise and understandable manner;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and inclusive culture;
- Think independently and develop imaginative and unique solutions to problems;
- Effectively manage changing situations and maintain composure in pressure or conflict situations;
- Evaluate and select alternatives based on realistic limits and different perspectives, understand the full implication of actions before proceeding;
- Consistently motivate self, take calculated risks, make timely decisions, improve results, persist despite opposition and obstacles;
- Correctively analysis problems and thinks independently.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Iowa : Muscatine|