Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Engineering Rotational Development Program
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Engineering Rotational Development Program, are to:
- Gain experience across the site to understand site operation and collaborate with area technicians and leadership to provide high levels of customer satisfaction;
- Evaluate, identify, and implement improvement projects to achieve goals related to safety, sustainability, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability;
- Gain experience with the onePSS program to collaborate and encourage continuous improvement as a site culture;
- Track improvements and report key leading and lagging indicators;
- Coordinate with stakeholders to address short and long term improvement opportunities;
- Participate with investigations of area performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Interface with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g., PCT, project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Engage in continued development of self and area personnel with peer coaching and constructive feedback;
- Complete Engineering Rotational Development Program (rotations and curriculum) to prepare for an opportunity in a dedicated area;
- Direct report to technical manager;
- Direct interface with production managers, shift supervisors, and support services representatives (e.g. maintenance and QHSE);
- Coordinate and mutual cooperation with Site Technical Teams, site areas and site personnel to deliver an efficient, effective, compliant, and responsive support for continuous improvement needs.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more
specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in engineering (chemical, mechanical, or electrical preferred) or on track for a Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 graduation;
- Working knowledge of Engineering tools and software and ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, line drawings P&ID and schematics;
- Express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise and understandable manner;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and inclusive culture;
- Correctly analyze problems and think independently;
- Evaluate and select alternatives based on realistic limits and different perspectives, understand the full implication of actions before proceeding;
- Consistently motivate self, take calculated risks, make timely decisions, improve results;
- Effectively manage changing situations and maintain composure in pressure or conflict situations.
- Possess internship or co op work experience in related industry;
- GPA of 3.0 or above at time of graduation.
Colorado Jobs: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $____ (or between $_____ to $_____). Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc.. The salary (or range) displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $____ (or between $_____ to $_____). Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc. This salary (or salary range) is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.|
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Division:||Crop Science||Reference Code||703721|
|Functional Area:||Supply Chain Management||Location:||United States : Missouri : Kansas City|
|Employment Type:||Regular||Position Grade:||M04|
|Creve Coeur, MO||+1 888-473-1001, option #email@example.com|