Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Engineering Intern/Co-Op, are to:
- Help improve our chemical processes, working on yield/process capacity improvements, waste reductions and reduction of cycle time, cost improvements and/or modification/design of equipment;
- Trouble shoot and provide recommendations for mechanical equipment, improving the reliability and cost associated with a process area's mechanical equipment;
- Design, installation and start-up of automatic process control, material, handling and distributive control systems;
- Assist engineers in development of project objectives and scope by analyzing customer requirements and producing sketches, drawings, written descriptions or specification for customer approval;
- Ensure compliance with engineering standards, engineering procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)/Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards, plant safety standards, pressure safety design and environmental standards on all projects;
- Work with other engineers to get an insight into maintenance and reliability improvement programs in chemical plants;
- Perform and check engineering calculations following standard methods and principles for projects;
- Assist with procurement process of equipment specifications, bid evaluation and contract administration;
- Assist with conducting engineering cost, feasibility and planning studies analyzing customer needs and data including researching, investing action and coordination of other engineers, and providing recommendations to the customer;
- Collaborate with production and technical staff on day-to-day activities such as process troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Work with all areas of operations and compliance organizations in order to drive attainment of project goals;
- Aid implementation of Operational Excellence program and support Process Improvement/Lean Manufacturing site wide.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Enrolled in Bachelor's degree program in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Science OR Engineering degree;
- Successfully completed sophomore year or higher and returning to school upon completion of intern or co-op;
- Ability to drive to and from work location;
- Willingness to work in a chemical plant environment;
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and physically willing and able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 472725
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Student