Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Engineering Co-op, are to:
- Support the technical operability of the site manufacturing and/or packaging operations, by performing tasks assigned to assure availability and reliability of technical assets, as well as process optimization;
- Assist with Overall Asset Effectiveness (OAE) improvements through technical matters, always taking safety, compliance, environmental, quality and economics aspects into account;
- Work to develop both global and local maintenances strategies and systems at the site;
- Analyze and optimize equipment performance and maintenance processes with the goal of improving reliability and availability through various risk and criticality based tools;
- Implement monitoring and continually evaluates reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at the site level, with frequent communication between global functions and Myerstown Supply Center;
- Utilize tools for diagnosis, root cause analysis, and risk management in order to obtain valuable maintenance and equipment reliability data which highlights areas of need and triggers improvement projects;
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree program in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or related Engineering field;
- Able to commit to a 6-month (Jan. – June or June – Dec.) assignment;
- Be returning to school at the end of the co-op assignment to complete degree;
- Proficient with all MS Office Suite Applications.
- Be a team player;
- Have solid work ethic.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 473963
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Student