Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Electronic Circuit Engineering Fall Co-Op
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Bayer has been committed to radiology for more than 100 years and is a world-leading diagnostic imaging solutions provider. Finding a disease early on can have a crucial impact on patient treatment. Medical imaging can improve outcomes for patients, physicians and institutions as it accelerates the treatment, reduces hospital stays, and offers major cost savings. Bayer’s continually evolving radiology portfolio includes medical devices, contrast media, and integrated dose-management software (radiation dose and contrast dose). We oﬀer customer solutions to help healthcare teams meet the challenging needs of today's radiology environment.
This internship is on the NPD (New Product Development) team. This team designs, develops and launches Medical Devices (power injectors) and accessories for the radiology industry (CT, MRI, etc.).
The primary responsibilities of this role, Electrical Engineer Co-op, are to:
- Explore and research new or existing technologies related to the Radiology business;
- Design circuitry for prototypes or test fixtures;
- Test electronic circuitry;
- Draft formal or development test plans, protocols and test cases;
- Work with technicians and engineers to conduct dry run and or risk reduction testing and capture issues as well as data;
- Analyze testing results and write reports based on testing conducted;
- Develop and analyze models to create solutions or improvements to current issues within the products and designs;
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders and customers in performing tasks. 9. Participate in technical reviews and cross-functional documentation reviews;
- Present complex technical information to an audience of varied expertise/level for guidance, education and decision-making;
- Experience with electrical test equipment;
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in an Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree program with a focus in Electrical Engineering;
- Fundamental electrical engineering coursework completed (Circuits, Engineering Physics, Statistics, etc.);
- Project team work experience at university (through coursework), internship or employment;
- Basic understanding of engineering and device design and development;
- Ability to troubleshoot and make quick knowledge and experience guided decisions;
- Attention to detail, positive attitude and a good work ethic;
- Very good written and oral communication as well as strong presentation skills;
- Ability to plan and prioritize activities;
- Excellent people skills, ability to partner well, good team camaraderie;
- Capable of following training guidelines;
- Experience with basic electronic test equipment (meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.);
- Capable of interpreting electronic schematics;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.
- Direct experience with ORCAD Schematics.
- Ability to complete a fall 2020 co-op from June 2020-December 2020 (40 hours/week)
- Ability to complete a 2nd co-op rotation from January 2021-May 2021 OR May 2021-August 2021.
Reference Code: 98101
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Student