At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Electrical Maintenance Engineer are to:
- Understand, follow, and participate in the upkeep of Bayer electrical norms, practices, standards, guidelines, and procedures staying current with industry standards, technology, and improved safety methods;
- Supports improvement projects (safety, yields, capacity, quality, reliability, and cost improvement), including alternatives and cost benefit analysis, as needed;
- Specify instruments (flow, pressure, temperature, etc.), control devices, motors, and other electrical components;
- Review and evaluate vendor information for instrumentation and electrical components and determine suitability for specific project applications;
- Prepare maintenance plans for restoring equipment to operating condition in a minimum amount of time, balancing repair cost and minimizing future failures;
- Assists other area engineers (production, process, electrical, project) and technicians as needed in reference to instrumentation performance;
- Create and modify documentation related to process operation, safety, and applicable environmental regulations, as needed including electrical drawings and engineering flow diagrams/P&ID diagrams;
- Engages in continued development of self and area personnel with peer coaching and constructive feedback;
- Comply with site safety rules and actively work to improve safety through coaching or engineered improvements;
- Support Site and Area Production System improvements.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BS Electrical Engineering or related Science or BS Electrical Engineering Technology: Applications from December 2023 graduates are being accepted;
- Working knowledge of Engineering tools, software, and ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, line drawings P&ID and schematics;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and inclusive culture;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a high degree of personal initiative;
- Make timely decisions and improve results;
- Express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
- Co-op or Intern Electrical Engineering experience;
- Two years of experience in a chemical or other manufacturing environment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Iowa : Muscatine|