Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, are to:
- Assist plant management and operations personnel daily in evaluating and achieving plant performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability, subject to supervisory review;
- Make tactical decisions based on plant knowledge;
- Coordinate with corporate and site production planners on production timing and raw material availability;
- Conduct development and tracking of key performance indicators;
- Participate with investigations of area performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions, actively investigate where possible.
- Serve as Process expert or plant representative, when possible, for design, construction and implementation of investment projects, interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g., PCT, project engineering, environmental and utility service operations, and process development);
- Maintain and develop standards for area operating documentation (e.g., standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Collaborate on design and executes plant trials directed at enhancing area performance;
- Propose design based on plant knowledge;
- Compile, format, and submit environmental data necessary for timely and accurate filing with local, state, and federal agencies;
- Engage in continued development of self and area personnel with peer coaching and constructive feedback;
- Support Site and Area Production System improvements, OnePSS;
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values. more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineer, Electrical Engineering Technology, other Engineering discipline, or related Science, with at least 2 years of electrical engineering experience, or Master of Science in Electrical Engineer, Electrical Engineering Technology, other Engineering discipline, or related Science;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and inclusive culture;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a high degree of personal initiative;
- Make timely decisions and improve results;
- Express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise, and understandable manner.
- Electrical engineering experience in a plant operation function.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Iowa : Muscatine|