Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
E&I Maintenance Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Engineer, are to:
· Drive best practices and value-added cost control for electrical components of process operations and the maintenance of the components;
· Together with process and mechanical engineers, develop scopes defining improvement projects (safety, yields, capacity, quality, reliability and cost improvement), including alternatives and cost-benefit analysis, as needed;
· Specify instruments (flow, pressure, temperature, etc.), control devices, motors, and other electrical components;
· Review and evaluate vendor information for instrumentation and electrical components and determine suitability for specific project applications;
· Prepare maintenance plans for restoring equipment to operating condition in a minimum amount of time, balancing repair cost and minimizing future failures;
· Create and modify documentation related to process operation, safety, and applicable environmental regulations, as needed – including electrical drawings and engineering flow diagrams/P&ID diagrams;
· Mentor and train other engineers and technicians;
· Comply with plant safety rules and actively work to improve safety through coaching or engineered improvements;
· Working knowledge of engineering tools and software and ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, line drawings P&ID and schematics.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
· B.S. Electrical Engineering;
· 2+ Years of Engineering experience;
· Ability to work well in a team environment and inclusive culture;
· Excellent problem-solving skills and a high degree of personal initiative;
· Make timely decisions and improve results;
· Express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
Reference Code: 45104
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional