Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Distribution Partner Analyst
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Distribution Partner Analyst, are to:
- Manage the Dealer Agreements to support our customers organizational relationships, financial structure, ownership, billing processes, program payments and initiatives;
- Be accountable to understand the business distribution strategy in order to support and implement accurate business structures to drive key business processes;
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of new processes and or systems to support our customer structures, relationships and business strategies;
- Promote customer data expertise and metrics to manage the customer data flow, including the integrity, efficiency and availability of data;
- Develop and maintain metrics related to Authorized Sellers and associated accounts to proactively remedy issues and provide visibility to account set up;
- Apply a continuous improvement mindset to simplify operational processes across brands and agreement types to drive process alignment and accurate documentation;
- Improve process standardization with our key accounts through understanding similarities and differences between our customers;
- Lead and implement all aspects of the training strategy including training all internal stakeholders, Field Sales teams, Customer Service Teams, etc., and our external key accounts to encourage proactive account management (organizational relationships and customer invoicing structures);
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate customer business process implementation (IMT, Seed Account Specialist, Seed Service Advisor, Crop Protection Coordinator, Information Technology, etc) and an "easy to do business with" model for our customers;
- Be the point of contact for customer mergers and or buyouts, working closely with the Strategic Account Team, Credit, Finance, Information Technology, IMT, and additional stakeholders;
- Be responsible for managing additional customer account data management processes, systems, and tools (ex: Industry standard codes (AGIIS, EBID/GLN));
- Drive proactive improvements with our customers to meet business objectives;
- Assure all financially connected accounts are verified and created accurately and timely.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values. more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor degree with at least three year of experience in customer structure and customer master data governance, management or working with customer or supply chain data;
- Knowledge of end to end business processes;
- Detail oriented and highly focused on delivering results;
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify, analyze, and interpret data;
- Ability to understand complex data process and transfer knowledge to team members;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and experience with interpersonal skills and professional maturity;
- Strong collaboration and ability to drive business process implementation.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Creve Coeur|