At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Discovery Scientist Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Discovery Scientist Intern, are to:
- Exemplify familiarity with the physiology background, collect phenotypic data, and analyze the native traits from different environments;
- Understand the genetic architecture of the traits through genetic and genomic analysis;
- Design and test breeding schemes in silico to identify the optimal strategy to improve traits of interest;
- Participate in the establishment of hybrid wheat precision breeding;
- Collaborate with internal teams of experts for: analytical labs, geneticists, biometricians and to communicate results.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in graduate program in Plant Breeding, Genetics, Statistics, or Bioinformatics;
- Experience with genetic and genomic analyses, including defining marker trait associations to enable marker assisted selection for native traits;
- Demonstrate knowledge with the ability to perform data analysis with large datasets.
- Experience with wheat is desired but not required.
Local regulations and legal requirements vary per country of hire and will be discussed with considered candidates individually based on their potential of hire.
|Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.|
|Bayer is committed to providing barrier-free access and support-facilities for individuals with disabilities - during the application process and beyond. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to request any support / equipment they may need via the contact information below.|
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL CANADIAN CANDIDATES: This position requires full vaccination against COVID-19.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield|