Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Director US Medical Affairs Publications
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Director US Medical Affair Publications, are to:
- Lead the development of the US strategic publication plan as well as the execution of the tactical publication plan for assigned product(s), to ensure the timely presentation of data at key congresses and rapid journal publication;
- Review and interpret product data from preclinical, clinical development, statistics and health economics departments within Bayer and external investigators to determine appropriate publications for inclusion in tactical publications plans;
- Liaise with the global publications leads and communicate global publications initiatives to the US product teams and ensure US publications initiatives are aligned with the global publication strategy and plan;
- Review and edit congress abstract, oral and poster presentations, primary and secondary manuscripts, slide presentations development by vendors and external investigators to ensure publications are high quality and adheres to Good Publication Practices and Bayer’s Publication Policy and SOP;
- Serve as the point person for all units within US Medical Affairs that contribute to, or are affected by, publication development;
- Be responsible for hosting all internal and external US-specific, publication-related team meetings;
- Ensure that all vendors comply with Bayer operational guidelines regarding master services agreements, accounting practices, communications with physicians and documentation of service agreements;
- Follow, educate and enforce all Good Publication Practice guidelines and Bayer Publications SOPs with internal departments, external authors and communications agencies and ensure that all publications are reviewed and documented through the Bayer publication management platforms;
- Establish professional relationships with all external and internal stakeholders including global clinical investigators, opinion leaders and consultants in the CardioRenal community and US CardioRenal Medical Directors, HEOR, Real World Evidence, Biostatistics, Clinical Development, Global Publication Excellence and Global CardioRenal Publications team;
- Manage US publications budget and forecast publications spend for business planning;
- Lead publication planning and execution for US Medical Affairs with special focus on Cardiorenal therapeutic area, ensuring appropriate communication to US-specific audiences.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Advanced degree M.D., Ph.D., Pharm.D., M.S. or equivalent in a scientific discipline;
- At least seven years of experience in the development and execution of strategic publications plans within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry;
- Proven ability to interpret scientific and clinical trial data, derive scientific themes from the findings, effectively communicate these findings in multiple publication formats and to diverse scientific and medical audiences;
- Proven ability to think strategically and work cross functionally to develop strategies that enhance the value of the publications through effective communication of the scientific and clinical data;
- Knowledge of the drug development process and its application to the strategic publication planning process;
- Strong scientific writing and editing skills and knowledge of journal requirements and congress guidelines for publications development and submission;
- Thorough knowledge of Good Publication Practices and proven ability to work effectively within these guidelines to ensure that all authors and vendors comply;
- Proven ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams, building effective working relationships and gaining consensus on publications initiatives;
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with experience in developing and delivering power point presentations in developing and delivering power point presentations;
- Experience working with a publication’s management tool (e.g. Datavision, Pub STRAT);
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time (international and domestic), including weekends.
- Cardiorenal experience;
- Certified Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) credential.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: New Jersey
Reference Code: 211361
Functional Area: Medical Affairs & Pharmacovigilance
Entry Level : Professional