Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Director of Business Development & Licensing
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Director of Business Development and Licensing (mobility / willingness to relocate to Cary) are to:
- Scout and generate opportunities;
- Seek and prepare opportunities brought to Environmental Science via external means resulting from reactive screening, based on the agreed strategies and a landscape analysis;
- Initiate, lead and manage the entire process of evaluation of the opportunity through the respective approval process and governance bodies;
- Be responsible for adjusting processes as needed to fit organizational demands;
- Be a contributing team member and direct support to the business owner during the execution phase of acquisitions and licenses with options analysis and impartially challenge and support strategic fit and core value drivers;
- Establish and grow an extensive external network in the core disciplines and segments of Environmental Science;
- Attend conferences, and industry associations and maintain key personal contacts within the various disciplines;
- Lead, steer, or support complex licensing and contract negotiations and work with all functions required for strategy and business endorsement plus those for contract drafting and endorsement (Global and Regional marketing, Legal, IP, Finance, Accounting, Tax, Transaction);
- Lead project analysis for the Deal Team such as presentation content, business overview, high-level financial view, strategic fit, overall summary, etc;
- Be the "point of reference" for acquisition and major licensing and collaboration targets and other business development opportunities within Environmental Science;
- Be the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture, and values of the business development group;
- Establish the style and approach which will characterize the Company’s dealings with the marketplace.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Broad inter-personal and communication skills with experience leading, motivating, and working within complex and multi-cross-functional teams;
- At least 10 years of experience in business development;
- Strategic and operations business knowledge and experience in one or more segment disciplines e.g., crop protection, biologics;
- Experience in the M&A process and understanding of key financial terms, valuation methodologies, and financial instruments;
- Highly self-motivated, keen to learn, and well organized with a desire to execute and build new opportunities are critical abilities;
- Skills and experience in negotiating complex deals plus being a confident and competent counterparty to seasoned negotiators within competitor and 3rd Party companies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or finance;
- Master of Business Administration Degree.
You are applying for a position in Bayer’s Environmental Science business. Bayer intends to divest this business to Cinven in 2022. Cinven is an international investment firm focused on building world-class global companies & will enable ES to advance towards our vision of healthy environments for everyone, everywhere.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : North Carolina : Cary|