Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Director Market Data Scientist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Director Market Data Scientist, are to:
- Provide commercial teams measurable insights into commercial strategies and tactics for key products in key markets these insights will provide a competitive advantage to Bayer by making better business decisions derived through strategic data analysis and command of complex statistical techniques;
- Be responsible for key aspects along the data modelling cycle, from definition of business questions and hypotheses, to data sourcing and preparation, model development and insight generation, the output of these analyses will be the basis for strategic resource allocation by Business Unit (BU) and Marketing leadership;
- Develop and optimize machine learning (ML) models in different contexts (Sales, MKTG, Patient data, Communication and Social data);
- Translate complex analytics into actionable recommendations and propose feasible solutions;
- Communicate in a clear and concisely way using the most appropriate approach for each different stakeholder;
- Work with business and scientific stakeholders with a clear vision of the final goals and on the business impact;
- Collaborate closely with other functions (e.g. Commercial Business Insights, Integrated Multi-channel Marketing) to advice and support brand marketing or sales teams in various types of advanced quantitative analyses which includes but not limited to, Marketing Mix Analysis, Advanced Segmentation and Targeting, Personalized communication, etc.;
- Manage onshore and offshore resources, as well as in house and external consultants;
- Demonstrate thought leadership and content expertise in advanced analytics to business partners, including development of key training programs.
Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA) Pharma is a newly formed function within Pharma Digital and Commercial Innovation where we translate data into insights and insights into business actions through deep business understanding paired with expert knowledge of advanced analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Graduate degree in Quantitative Field (Statistics, Management Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Business Administration etc.);
- At least five years of experience;
- Strong analytical skills, team playing and communication skills;
- Experience in data modeling, wrangling and visualization;
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and data warehousing platforms;
- Very good knowledge of the most important Machine Learning models (classification, regression, clustering, time-series analysis);
- Knowledge of deep learning models (CNN, RNN);
- Knowledge of at least two of the following languages: Python, R, C/C++, Scala, Julia, Mathematica;
- Knowledge of the most common ML/DL frameworks (Scikit-Learn, Stan, Pandas, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, Matplotlib);
- Passionate team player;
- Experience in handling and analyzing various internal and external commercial data types (e.g., sales data sources like IQVIA, Cegedim, patient longitudinal, claims data, distribution, demand, units, promotion);
- Be able to influence cross-functional teams to impact decision-making;
- Willingness to "have an opinion" backed up by insight and analytics and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis;
- Strategic business acumen, focus on results, passion for keeping up with media and technology trends;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Proven track record of professional success in analytics role.
- Experience in epidemiology;
- Experience in Pharma industry;
- Experience with Data Management Platforms.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: New Jersey
Reference Code: 232082
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics
Entry Level : Professional