Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Dir Reg Policy & Intelligence
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Dir Reg Policy and Intelligence, are to:
- Collaborate within the regulatory policy network and across Research and Development (R&D) to identify and prioritize topics of high impact to Bayer’s pipeline;
- Strategically assess external regulatory developments and support decision-making process to understand internal impacts, cross- geographical effects, and develop strategies to achieve desired policy outcomes;
- Manage and direct policy projects by leading cross-functional experts to align internally, support executive-level engagement, and demonstrate leadership externally with key stakeholders;
- Formulate and shape policies and positions for identified priority topics;
- Develop and implement clear regulatory policy advocacy strategies supported by proactive internal and external communication plans;
- Coordinate and guide Bayer’s engagement in key industry trade associations, work groups, and Committees;
- Represent, and speak on behalf of, Bayer in external forums and communications;
- Provide strategic regulatory policy and intelligence support for the Bayer pharmaceuticals pipeline and portfolio;
- Help to ensure clear visibility of pending changes, new regulations and emerging trends to help drive compliance, create company positions on priority topics, and advocacy strategies to advance global drug development;
- Be highly visible inside and outside the company to proactive shape the regulatory environment to help expedite Bayer’s pipeline.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in a regulated environment;
- A working understanding of medical product regulation;
- Understanding of different regulatory systems and frameworks, globally;
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written;
- High customer focus;
- Embrace change and should possess the ability to effectively work in an international and multicultural environment;
- Some travel required (approx. 10-20%).
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, health policy, communications, or health-related discipline or An advanced degree in law (JD), pharmacy (PharmD), medicine (M.D.), or a life science-related discipline (Ph.D.).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols.
State: Residence Based
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 525690
Functional Area: Regulatory Affairs
Entry Level : Professional