Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Digital Media Lead
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is located in St Louis, MO or residence based in Illinois.
In this position, you will be a core team member of Bayer Crop Science’s newly established Digital Hub—an integrated Digital Media and Analytics team, leading a team of Media subject matter experts. You need to be a seasoned professional with proven strategic and technical expertise in Digital Media, with a desire to shape the future of the Digital Hub. You will be accountable to establish best practices and standards for Crop Science digital media. The Digital Media Lead will own key relationships with external agencies and internal Marketing Communications managers, serving as the ‘translator’ and assessor of agency digital media performance.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Digital Media Lead—Crop Science Commercial Operations, are to:
- Oversee digital media strategy and operations across Display (including programmatic and direct), Search, and Social Lead a team of digital media experts in defining best-in-class standards for all paid media channels and establish clear approach and documentation with regards to media planning, buying, and optimization;
- Maintain a strong understanding of the media habits of our target audience, to inform planning, segmentation, measurement and analytics;
- Collaborate with external media agency throughout planning to balance online and offline media mix, including strategies, geography, timing, channel spend allocations, etc.;
- Collaborate with In-House media team within other Bayer divisions (Consumer Health and Pharmaceuticals) to identify and leverage shared best practices, platforms and learning agendas and identify areas of efficiency;
- Use existing tactics to their fullest extent and balance the use of traditional tactics with a willingness to embrace experimentation in a structured way;
- Develop a structured digital media learning agenda for the next 1-3 years, including prioritizing what is working well and what we want to learn;
- Serve as media team’s primary point of contact and manages key relationships with both external agency partners and internal MarCom managers;
- Build strong relationship and collaboration with internal hub teams such as Analytics, Content, Project Management, as well as Global CoE and ITBP;
- Partner with Marketing Data Analytics Lead in developing robust media measurement framework and aligning with Marketing Communications managers on key business objectives of each brand;
- Monitor cross-channel media performance and recommend opportunities for cross-channel optimization;
- Evaluate direct buy partnerships with publishers and assists with negotiations;
- Monitor and track what Google and Apple are doing and the effects their changes will have in order to inform digital media execution decisions as their models evolve.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- At least seven years of experience in Digital Media with an advertising agency, Management Consulting or ad / mar tech company;
- At least three years of management experience with a proven record of leading cross functional teams in complex enterprise settings;
- Excellent leadership skills having past supervisory experience of several direct reports;
- Extensive experience managing media budgets, developing and delivering on committed media performance goals;
- Ability to achieve concrete results, develop processes that improve outcomes or streamline overhead costs;
- Experience developing and delivering best practices in media execution across programmatic, social, and paid search;
- Strong knowledge and application of innovations affecting the adtech/martech ecosystem;
- Strong collaboration ethic including professional manner of giving and receiving feedback, partnering with other teams to strive for overall cross-company success;
- Proven record of successful performance in ambiguous situations and defining concrete action items with limited guidance;
- Excellent organization skills with high attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast changing environment.
- Experience in B2B industries, agriculture or commodities sector;
- Familiarity with non-digital marketing best practices;
- Familiarity with Googles suite of tools including Google search, analytics (including GA 4), DV360, YouTube and Privacy Sandbox;
- Familiarity with Adobe Analytics.
Domestic relocation may be offer for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: St. Louis
Reference Code: 450824
Functional Area: Market Access
Entry Level : Professional