At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Deployment Scientist (R&D Breeding)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Deployment Scientist (R&D - Breeding), are to:
- Partner with regional breeding teams to understand and operationalize breeding strategies and initiatives both in short term annual and long-range plans. Co-develop processes to capture this information and ensure alignment with resource availability globally;
- Develop, align, and track global field-testing readiness for Precision Breeding technical outcomes;
- Compile long range plans for investments and retire current technology within global field testing, by working directly with global field testing and plant breeding hub leads;
- Create roadmap for tools required to develop a Precision Breeding pipeline in all world regions that Bayer operates: create capital strategy, deliver path for the next wave of innovative technologies, co-lead legal and administrative activities, and focus on end user Hypercare;
- Define and drive global standardization where it brings value (i.e. data governance) to enable global utilization;
- Drive harmonization, transparency, and alignment of field equipment plans globally to meet and exceed organizational financial, operational, and Precision Breeding goals;
- Collaborate on global equipment strategies and launches;
- Leverage advanced analytics that captures on machine performance and field data, create key performance indicators to drive optimization and then optimize performance by partnering with groups including information technology and data science;
- Partner closely with Finance, Procurement, external vendors, and other stakeholders for long range planning efforts;
- Provide regular and timely updates on project status, key milestones, challenges, and next steps to key stakeholders and leadership;
- Comply with all regulatory compliance guidelines for Confined Release and Stewarded Trial material.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Integrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. OR Master’s degree OR Bachelor’s degree;
- Proven track record in developing and influencing the successful adoption of consistent standards across diverse groups;
- Experience developing end-to-end solutions and managing project execution;
- Demonstrated people or project leadership experience;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional and culturally diverse teams to achieve common goals;
- Ability to lead and influence key global stakeholders through challenges and opportunities;
- Results orientation with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously;
- Strong communication, decision making, prioritization and problem-solving skills;
- Strong domain knowledge and understanding of crop production and field research practices;
- Demonstrates flexibility in an agile work environment;
- Strong computer skills related to data acquisition, organization, and analysis;
- Strong working knowledge of research operations and ability to interpret / interact with large data sets;
- Proven ability to help multiple stakeholders understand and implement modern agricultural research concepts;
- Ability to delegate decision making process across the organization;
- Valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain;
- Ability to travel independently up to 25% both domestically and internationally.
- Five or more years of relevant experience in agronomy, field development, R&D, or project management related roles;
- Two or more years of demonstrated people leadership experience with direct employees or contractors.
Domestic relocation may be available for this role.
Visa Sponsorship may be available for this role.
Position may be based at any US Crop Science site such as Chesterfield, MO (St. Louis area), Huxley, IA, or other approved site.
Position may include opportunity to work up to 95% remote.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Iowa : Huxley || United States : Missouri : Chesterfield || United States : Missouri : St. Louis|