At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Data Scientist Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Scientist Intern, are to:
- Provide technical contributions in a fast-paced team environment to accelerate our efforts on building an analytics-driven product pipeline using genomic and phenomics data;
- Create and apply in silico models, simulations, and new algorithms to drive tactical decisions about approaches and data requirements;
- Contribute to the development of code, computational tools, automated workflows, and novel prescriptive methods for the R&D pipeline;
- Use advanced mathematical models, machine learning algorithms, operations research techniques and strong business acumen to deliver insights, recommendations, and solutions;
- Independently perform computer programming, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and experimental design under the mentorship of an experienced Data Scientist;
- Build cross-functional relationships to collaboratively partner with the business and effectively network within the Data Science Community;
- Present compelling, validated stories to all levels of organization, including peers, senior management, and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Integrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Pursuing Masters or PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Genomics, Biostatistics, Quantitative Genetics, Computer Sciences, or related field;
- Experience doing Genomics and Quantitative Genetics computational data science ;
- Educational preparation or applied experience in at least one of the following areas: Machine Learning, Statistical Genetics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or other related quantitative discipline;
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency in computational skills and level of experience building data models using Linux, SQL, Python, R or other statistical or mathematical programming packages;
- Familiarity with Docker, GitHub;
- Strong communication competencies to include presentations and delivery of complex quantitative analyses in a clear, concise, and actionable manner to extended team and small groups of key stakeholders.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: employees can expect to be paid a salary of $32.00 to $ 52.00. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc. This salary (or salary range) is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield|