At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Data Scientist Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Scientist Intern, are to:
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of data science;
- Familiarize large scale data query tools, and cloud computing infrastructures;
- Build, test and validate prescriptive/predictive models through iterative process;
- Evaluate the model performance with solid metrics;
- Write detailed documentation;
- Understand the key domain breeding process;
- Present project results to leadership team and partners.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- In the process of obtaining, a degree (Ph.D. or Master's degree with relevant research experience) in Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics or related field;
- Must obtain work authorization at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience in machine learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), computer vision, optimization, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or data science;
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches;
- Ability to manipulate and analyze complex, large scale, high-dimensionality data from varying sources;
- Experience in utilizing theoretical and empirical research to solve problems;
- Understanding of statistics and experience applying statistical concepts to real-world data;
- Hands on experience in predictive modeling;
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner;
- Fluent in Python and/or R programming language;
- Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods;
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.|
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Division:||Crop Science||Reference Code||689645|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology||Location:||United States : Illinois : Champaign|
|Employment Type:||Internship||Position Grade:||N00|
|Creve Coeur, MO||+1 888-473-1001, option #email@example.com|