Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Scientist Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Scientist Intern, are to:
- Develop strategies to identify new opportunities and expand existing methods, provide insights, and build practical solutions to complex business problems;
- Apply advanced analytics skills to turn data into competitive advantage and make recommendations for data-driven business decisions.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Pursuing a Master's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or other quantitative disciplines required or a Ph.D. in similar quantitative disciplines;
- Experience applying sophisticated scientific methods in the field of analytics using statistical and mathematical programming packages such as R, Python, Scala;
- Understanding of advanced analytics methods;
- Ability to turn complex data into predictive and prescriptive insights;
- Experience analyzing and presenting complex data and proven problem solving abilities;
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, influencing people at varying levels of responsibility;
- Must be available to work from January 2022-June 2022 OR June 2022-Decemeber 2022.
- Experience modeling industry and market trends, competitive threats;
- Ability to understand the market through product analytics, sales insight, market research and competitive analysis;
- Customer analytics, customer profiling and segmentation;
- Evaluate customer segment characteristics across multiple dimensions, producing customer demographic, psychographic, financial, and behavioral profiles to drive client marketing strategies and tactics;
- Experience with;
- Hadoop, Spark, cloud computing;
- SFDC and SAP platforms and data;
- Spatial-temporal modeling;
- Experience working with agricultural/biological scientific data;
- Strong publication record inleading scientific journals;
- Drive for translating business problems into research initiatives that deliver business value;
- Structure complex and ambiguous problems, synthesize findings, develop innovative options, and make recommendations.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 474642
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Student