Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Scientist Computer Vision
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Scientist Computer Vision Global information Systems, are to:
- Provide analytical methods and develop automated digital capability for data consumption, image stitching and phenotype classification (e.g., AI and statistical models for global breeding and Vegetable Research and Development) for computer vision projects from UAV, satellites, or ground-based imaging platforms;
- Design or implement strategies for collection, analysis, or display of geographic information and phenotypic data;
- Leverage and manage public and private databases for remote sensing, related raster, geospatial and phenotypic project information for product characterization;
- Discuss project goals, sensor technologies and equipment requirements, or methodologies with colleagues or team members.
Domestic Relocation assistance is available as well as Visa Sponsorship
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least eight years of experience OR Master’s degree with at least six years of experience or Ph.D. with at least three years of experience;
- Educational preparation or applied experience in remote sensing, geospatial data science, geographic information systems or equivalent field;
- Knowledge of and experience in statistics, machine learning, computer vision, image analysis, digital phenotyping, R/Python, analysis pipelines;
- Experience with rasterio, GDAL, Opencv, or QGIS;
- Expeirience with Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch AWS and/or Sagemaker;
- Experience in sensor modalities including one of the following RGB, multispectral, hyperspectral, LiDAR among others and sensor calibration in outdoor (field) conditions;
- High ability to solve problems and to structure and simplify complex tasks;
- Strong proficiency with Python or R coding;
- Demonstrated ability to contribute in an international and dynamic research and development team;
- Willingness to continue personal development in order to stay at the cutting edge of data science and to grow as a project leader;
- Strong background as a data scientist within depth subject matter expertise in at least one area of remote sensing or agronomy.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: Residence Based
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 277221
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional