Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Scientist Co-op
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Scientist Co-Op, are to:
- Independently develop algorithms in R and/or Python to clean, process, analyze and visualize large multivariate datasets;
- Design and prototype models using statistical modeling, process modeling, and other techniques such as machine learning;
- Work with mentor and other researchers and scientists to quickly gain domain knowledge and understand business processes.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Pursuing Ph.D. (or M.S. final year) in a discipline related to Data Science (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science/Engineering);
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience with advanced statistical and machine learning analysis techniques;
- Strong desire to develop a career in Data Science;
- Fluency in using Python and/or R for data manipulation, computational statistics, and model development;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with diverse cross-functional teams;
- Ability to turn complex biological or engineering data into meaningful insights;
- Execute responsibilities with knowledge, integrity, commitment, and excellence.
- Knowledge and experience in farming, plant breeding or physiology, agronomy or genetics;
- Familiarity with multiple regression techniques, multivariate analysis, mixed models, ensemble methods, spatio-temporal models, and/or simulations;
- Technical experience working with Github, Markdown, Google Cloud (BigQuery), AWS, or Docker.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 478044
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Student