Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Scientist Co-Op
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Scientist Co-Op, are to:
- Analyze genetic data from across variety of technologies and labs, with the help of cutting edge tools and alongside a cross-functional team of data scientists and domain experts;
- Develop strategies to identify and exploit opportunities for improvement, provide insights, and implement solutions to identified problems.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Pursuing a Master's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Computational Biology, or other quantitative disciplines required or a Ph.D. in similar disciplines;
- Experience applying sophisticated scientific methods in the field of analytics using a modern programming language such as R, Python, Java/Scala;
- Understanding of mathematical modeling and validation techniques;
- Ability to turn complex data into predictive and prescriptive insights;
- Experience analyzing and presenting complex data and proven problem solving abilities;
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, influencing people at varying levels of responsibility;
- Knowledge of a biological discipline such as genetics, molecular biology/genomics, plant breeding, or related domain.
- Expertise in complex analysis in a biological discipline such as genetics, molecular biology/genomics, plant breeding or related domain;
- Experience with Cloud computing, Information theory, Bayesian networks or similar mathematical models;
- Experience with translating business problems into research initiatives that deliver business value;
- Experience with structuring complex and ambiguous problems, synthesize findings, develop innovative options, and make recommendations.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 468641
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Student