Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Science Technical Lead Predictive Analytics
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Science Technical Lead Predictive Analytics, are to:
- Provide people and technical leadership with focus on creating team environment for individuals to develop and succeed;
- Lead innovation using latest advances in data science with primary focus on operations research and numerical optimization;
- Lead development and deployment of new methodologies globally, to accelerate our pipeline and product development efforts;
- Lead development and presentation of compelling, validated stories to all levels of organization, including peers, senior management and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business;
- Lead development and maintenance of new and existing data science applications primarily focused on prescriptive analytics;
- Hire, lead and mentor a team of data scientists on a variety of projects, from conception to final deployment;
- Develop strong and successful collaborations among various Bayer Crop Science Research and Development (R&D) teams.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least eight years of experience in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other quantitative disciplines or Master’s degree with at least six years of experience in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other quantitative disciplines or Ph.D. with at least three years of professional or post doc experience in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other quantitative disciplines;
- At least five years of experience with programming languages like Python, R, Scala, etc.;
- At least five years of experience with machine learning algorithms (Deep Learning, Ensembles, Clustering, SVM) and commonly used data science principles including validation, bias-variance tradeoff, regularization, etc.;
- Passion for solving complex analytics problems involving big data;
- Creative, proactive, bold and out-of-box thinking;
- Proven ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in clear, precise and actionable manner;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving abilities required to negotiate scope and resources, manage and project status and synchronize activities with team members, stakeholders and management;
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading and influencing people at varying levels of responsibility.
Domestic Relocation may be available for this role.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this role.
Reference Code: 177363
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional