Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Engineer, are to:
- Work on the deployment, delivery and expansion of data pipelines;
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary scientists to gather requirements for data pipelines;
- Optimize algorithms and data workers to scale horizontally and contribute to the development of new algorithms and capabilities that will enable connected pipeline analytics for all pipelines;
- Work on all aspects of the design, development, validation, scaling and delivery of analytical solutions;
- Work on the development, deployment, and support of systems computing solutions;
- Collaborate with analytics and discovery teams to design and plan data engineering solutions;
- Implement, configure, and maintain critical third-party solutions related to engineering work, including compute environments, BI platforms, and cloud systems;
- Design and maintain ETL workflows;
- Integrate proactive strategies and best practices to ensure security of stored data;
- Design, build, and maintain integrated data solutions such as “data lakes” and “data warehouses”;
- Design and maintain data storage systems and access patterns;
- Collaborate and influence with cross-functional stakeholders to develop our strategic target state data infrastructure and organization model;
- Coach and develop others in relevant skills in the data engineering space;
- Partner cross-functionally in the development of shared infrastructure where aligned with Breeding business needs.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely-related field with at least seven years of industry experience OR Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely-related field with at least five years of industry experience OR Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a closely-related field with at least three years of industry experience;
- Technical knowledge and at least five years of experience in at least three of the following areas:
- SQL and NoSQL databases (data warehousing, data modeling, etc.);
- Experience with big data tools (Spark, Kafka, Flink, Hadoop, etc.);
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures;
- Experience with tools for authoring workflows and pipelines (Airflow, AWS Step Functions, KubeFlow, etc.);
- Experience with AWS cloudservices (EMR, S3, RedShift, EC2, etc.);
- Experience with distributed systems;
- Experience with python, Java, R, or Scala.
- Geospatial Exeprience;
- Network and Database administration experience;
- Proven systems administration and operations experience;
- Proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software;
- DevOps methodology;
- Experience in running production cloud systems and diagnosing and fixing problems.
Relocation may be available for this position.
Visa Sponsorship may be available for this position.
Reference Code: 157745
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional