Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Analytics Eng Ld
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Analytics Engineering Lead, are to:
- Provide direct supervision (technical, strategic) of and career development for a team of approximately 20 data science engineers with a focus on creating team environment for individuals to develop and succeed;
- Lead innovation using latest advances in data science and engineering with primary focus on data pipeline, model orchestration and optimization;
- Develop and deploy new solutions for Bayer Crop Science, to accelerate our pipeline and product development efforts;
- Collaborate with Data scientists, Software/Data Engineering leads and Data Science leads within the group to build a technical strategy that drives the desired business outcome;
- Ensure team adherence to engineering best practices, including (but not limited) to agile/scrum, phased project advancements, code documentation and review, information security and intellectual property documentation;
- Partner with stakeholders from different parts of the organization to identify new opportunities that optimize total cost, recycle time and other key metrics;
- Present compelling, validated stories to all levels of the organization, including peers, senior management and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business;
- Assist with technical and behavioral interviews for new hires within the organization;
- Be an active participant in Data Science Center of Excellence (DSCOE) hackathons, meetups and speaking events;
- Lead Data Engineers;
- Interact with other Data Science Technical Lead, Data Science Leads, Data Scientists, Breeders and Breeding Leads;
- Communicate stories to leadership;
- Seek independently relationships within and outside of Bayer sharing subject matter expertise and functioning as an ambassador for Data Engineering;
- Lead initiatives within the Data Science community and act as an extended council member.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 12 years of experience OR Master’s degree with at least eight years of experience OR Ph.D. with at least five years of professional and/or post doc experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or other quantitative disciplines;
- At least six years of experience in applying Data pipelining, Engineering and optimization towards solving large-scale real-world problems;
- At least six years of experience with at least one of R, Python, Java, Scala, C/C++;
- At least two years of experience with Infrastructure as a service such as AWS and Google Cloud;
- Strong background in Data Engineering with an expertise in Data pipeline, NO SQL data bases, Optimize Algorithms and Data workers;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading and influencing people at varying levels of responsibility.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 464481
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional