Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Computational Discovery Chemistry Lead
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Scientist (Computational Discovery Chemist), are to:
- Ensure the structure and ligand-based compound design including virtual screening Cheminformatics techniques for molecular target selection, HTS analysis, and data visualization;
- Ensure the structural bioinformatics, homology modeling, target class similarity assessment, target and lead based design of compounds;
- Predict compound physicochemical properties to aid in compound design and selection;
- Know chemical tractability assessment techniques;
- Evaluate novel internal and external computational capabilities;
- Generate and secure IP for all projects;
- Contribute to data science initiatives and interface development within crop protection discovery.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with 6+ years of relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 10+ years relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of relevant experience in computational chemistry within a pharmaceutical, agrochemical or biotechnology setting;
- Demonstrate impact in applying computational chemistry to drive the design and progression of small molecules in a team setting as evidenced by publications and patent applications;
- Expertise in common computational packages such as those from Chemical Computing Group or Schrodinger;
- Ability to work in a cross disciplinary team environment with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with high molecular weight molecules and novel modalities i.e. bifunctional molecules, peptides (e.g. constrained, cyclic, unnatural), sRNA, natural product and protein-protein interactions.
Relocation may be available for this role.
Sponsorship may be avialable for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 257427
Functional Area: R&D other jobs
Entry Level : Professional