Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Cloud Solution Architect - Science@Scale
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Cloud Solution Architect - Analytical Platform, are to:
- Provide data scientists across Bayer Pharma capabilities to efficiently combine data with decision-making algorithms on Science@Scale, Bayer’s enterprise-scale analytical cloud platform, in order to build intelligent applications;
- Enable users to perform analytics on S@S platform by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more;
- Guide a team of engineers to design and deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable technical products on S@S;
- Ensure seamless integration of products within S@S as well as with other strategic enterprise solutions (e.g. Pharma 360);
- Assess cloud application requirements in terms of functionality, scalability, availability and security and provide architectural guidance for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications;
- Select appropriate cloud platform services to design and deploy an application based on business requirements;
- Drive technical innovation and experimentation of the emergent solutions in alignment with the S@S product roadmap and contribute thought leadership to the broader architecture community;
- Guide, mentor, inspire, and develop diverse, multi-talented technology teams;
- Automate operation, installation, and monitoring of the S@S ecosystem components in the technology stack;
- Evangelize about the benefit and criticality of S@Sc platform to technical and non-technical audiences.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- At least 10 years of technological, digital, software engineering, or professional experience in a fast pace environment;
- At least fiveyears of experience leading architecture design and execution of enterprise-scale solutions;
- At least five years of experience designing and deploying cloud computing architecture on AWS;
- At least five years of experience in leadership capacity, with demonstrated ability to successfully influence cross functional stakeholders without formal authority;
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, engineering or equivalent;
- Must have deep, hands-on experience with technologies related to artificial intelligence, machine learning, and/or data science;
- Knowledge of the ecosystem of software vendors in the DS/ML space and able to leverage this knowledge to drive solution design and selection process;
- Familiarity with how data scientists work and how DS/ML-like solutions can/should be scaled in production;
- Ability to influence and gain buy-ins with diverse audience, including the ability to create compelling demonstration of S@S capabilities;
- Confident and effective in communicating up-and-down and across the organization;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Background in mathematics and statistics;
- Knowledge of healthcare industry;
- Experience designing and deploying cloud computing architecture on Azure, and Google.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: Residence Based
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 187401
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional