Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Chemical Production Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Chemical Production Engineer, are to:
- Assist area management and operations personnel daily in evaluating and achieving area performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability, subject to supervisory review;
- Coordinate with corporate and site production planners on production timing and raw material availability;
- Development and track key performance indicators;
- Participate with investigations of area performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Gain experience as area representative for design, construction and implementation of investment projects – interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g. process control technology (PCT), project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Maintain and develop standards for area operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Collaborate on design and execute plant trials directed at enhancing area performance;
- Compile, format and submit environmental data necessary for timely and accurate filing with local, state, and federal agencies;
- Engage in continued development of self and area personnel with peer coaching and constructive feedback;
- Support Site and Area Production System improvements, Product Supply System (OnePSS).
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Chemical Engineering;
- Zero to three years of experience;
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and as part of a diverse team composed of fellow engineers, operations personnel, maintenance personnel and leadership;
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written;
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to challenge status-quo to achieve better results for the business;
- Ability to work on and balance multiple assignments and priorities;
- Must be able to perform work in a manufacturing plant environment, including ascending/descending stairs and ladders;
- Computer proficiency in Windows passed programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Strong safety ethic.
- Previous engineering experience in manufacturing, engineering or related field preferred but not required.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Louisiana : Luling|