Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Chemical Biology & Proteomics Scientist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Chemical Biology and Proteomics Scientist, are to:
- Use and maintain modern state-of-the art high resolution mass spectrometers;
- Independently conceptualize, design, and perform proteomics experiments using high resolution mass spectrometry and related bioinformatic tools;
- Process, analyze and visualize mass spectrometry data using open source, vendor, or in-house developed software;
- Report results of studies and make recommendations to project teams;
- Troubleshoot assay and instrumentation anomalies;
- Evaluate and advance new ideas/technologies to improve quantitative proteomics workflows for target identification;
- Present research findings to scientific community through publication in peer-reviewed journals and talks and posters at scientific meetings.
This role is open to applicants that require domestic relocation.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. in Proteomics, Mass spectrometry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or similar subject area;
- Ability to independently design and implement quantitative proteomics workflows including downstream data analysis;
- Hands-on experience and strong troubleshooting skills for HPLC and orbitrap mass spectrometer instruments;
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience with proteomics sample preparation techniques, LC/MS based method development and data processing for quantitative proteomics applications, familiarity with labeled and label-free quantification methods;
- Extensive hands-on experience in TMT quantitative proteomics methodology;
- Proficiency in chemo proteomics workflows including but not limited to affinity, activity-based proteomics, in-cell photo crosslinking methods and cysteome profiling;
- Experience in protein isolation from cells, tissues and biofluids, sub-cellular fractionation, immuno- or chemical affinity enrichment to selectively enrich proteins from complex biological systems;
- Expert level experience in processing proteomics data with Proteome Discoverer, MaxQuant, Skyline, Mascot, Scaffold;
- A strong record of scientific achievement, including publications in high-impact journals;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively with scientists working in other disciplines.
- Experience with Thermo Fusion Lumos and Exploris 480 platforms;
- Experience with CETSA MS, phosphoproteomics and BioID technology.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols.
Reference Code: 527381
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Entry Level : Professional