Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Cell Culture Technology Center (CCTC) Material Manager
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, CCTC Material Manager are to:
- Collaborate with CCTC members and site supply chain to define and create the end-to-end supply chain process for CCTC, with strong focus on flexibility and adaptability;
- Support generation of process maps, BOMs and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for critical supply chain and logistic processes (material receiving, release, staging, handling and storage within the CCTC, shipment of DS, planning parameters, lead and cycle times);
- Support JIT warehouse set up inclusive of determining the storage location for materials and the SAP architecture;
- Create change applications with an emphasis on creating new material numbers, inspection plans etc.;
- Support tech transfer of new product(s) in parallel with project execution and ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) readiness to manufacture on time;
- Implement material management and material flow within CCTC, inclusive of the just-in-time warehouse;
- Manage and execute periodic inventory review / audits;
- Manage JIT Warehouse, ensure sub stores are stocked, execute inventory review / adjustments, deliver material to sub stores, receive deliveries from main warehouse;
- Support the planning, procurement and inventory management of all raw materials and WIP for CCTC by using SAP MRP, APO, production schedules, short and long-term forecasts and annual budget projections;
- Support Master Data (material numbers, BOM’s, recipes, and lead times) to ensure the maintenance, efficiency, compliance and continuous improvement of SAP master data for all CCTC;
- Ensure activities adhere to applicable corporate policies, global Bayer Directives and multi-site Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), and are ICS and Certified Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) compliant;
- Identify and lead projects or activities to standardize, simplify, automate and continuously improve supply chain processes;
- Follow best practices in planning, purchasing, master data and inventory management in alignment with the global supply chain platform vision.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance/Economics, or Engineering, with at least five years of supply chain experience in pharmaceutical operations, OR Master’s degree with at least three years of experience, OR Ph.D. with at least two years of experience;
- Strong understanding of biopharmaceutical manufacturing process;
- Proven experience using SAP, specifically to manage material movements, receive inventory, deliver material to production areas, and create and manage process orders;
- Experience and understanding utilizing lean concepts to, but not limited to, reducing cycle time, optimizing inventory, inventory management;
- Experience with relevant computer applications includes Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel);
- Exhibit a sense of urgency, while maintaining a strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team-oriented mindset;
- Ability to build relationships and partnerships within the organization;
- Strong negotiation and written/verbal communication skills;
- Ability to influence other members of the organization to help achieve goals and increase performance;
- Demonstrated advanced problem-solving abilities;
- Meet Occupational Demands/Physical Requirement checklist.
- Master data experience;
- APICS certification.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 340066
Functional Area: Supply Chain Management
Entry Level : Professional