Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Category Manager, Packaging and Formulation Chem
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Category Manager, Packaging and Formulation Chem, are to:
- Manage strategic procurement activities within the respective categories globally;
- Identify and build efficient partnerships with internal business partners across the global organization to align goals, strategies and identify process optimization potentials;
- Take end-to-end accountability, develop, plan and implement global category strategies and procurement sourcing initiatives;
- Deliver against key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as well as metrics for the specific sourcing category;
- Drive global initiatives with key suppliers to reduce cost via continuous improvement, know-how transfer, chemical process enhancement as well as supply chain optimization;
- Establish, maintain and coordinate all interfaces of Bayer to suppliers;
- Be responsible for supplier analysis, supplier management (including segmentation of suppliers, development of strategic relationships, risk assessment and capability / performance evaluation) and supplier selection within the respective category;
- Develop and negotiate contracts and supply agreements with key suppliers;
- Develop joint strategy with tolling/3P category manager for Discovery;
- Support sustainability program.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Fully proficient in English;
- At least five years of a procurement experience in Sourcing of Directs, with at least two years of background in the chemical and packaging material area;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, influencing and problem solving skills;
- Ability/experience to lead category in a global procurement network;
- Demonstration of ability to lead in times of change with a strategic mindset;
- Ability to Drive Innovation, continuous improvement and implement sustainability targets with suppliers.
- M.B.A. or Master of Science;
- Other language skills.
You are applying for a position in Bayer’s Environmental Science business. Bayer intends to divest this business in 2022. With joining Environmental Science, you will be joining a global industry leader in its markets, with the opportunity to be part of forming a new company in an agile, entrepreneurial and passionate team
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols.
State: North Carolina
Reference Code: 525686
Functional Area: Supply Chain Management
Entry Level : Professional