Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Cardiorenal Sales Consultant - East Bay, CA
Bayer’s Cardiorenal division is undergoing an impressive growth trajectory and significant R&D investment. Bayer is committed to improving cardiorenal health both in the US and globally with currently available products and products in development, including investigational treatments for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), heart failure with reduced and preserved ejection fraction, and renal anemia. Given the profound burden of CKD in Type 2 Diabetes (T2D), Bayer is making significant investments in developing a treatment option for the disease.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Cardiorenal Sales Consultant, are to:
- Build and develop professional relationships with (but not limited to) endocrinology, primary care, pharmacy staff, within assigned customers;
- Drive appropriate utilization of approved Cardiovascular products, CSC works closely with other Bayer commercial associates to generate pull-through within local payers, community HCP’s;
- Leverage expertise and knowledge of diabetes, nephrology, and CVD, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry and cross functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges;
- Provide relevant, thoughtful input to other commercial colleagues (e.g. sales leadership, regional account managers) in regard to strategic and tactical planning for territory, area, and region;
- Develop and implement effective customer specific territory plans;
- Communicate insights to internal stakeholders;
- Prioritize time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of appropriate physician specialists based on opportunity and potential;
- Understand fully the assigned customers’ product and business needs and work to meet those needs while adhering to all of Bayer company ethics and compliance standards;
- Anticipate potential barriers to achievement of goals and propose responsible solutions for success;
- Demonstrate long standing relationships with key customers and an in-depth knowledge of the disease state, key drivers, influencers and prescribing patterns in their territory;
- Effectively handles customer objections and exceed customer expectations with the value they bring to physicians;
- Be called on to share their exemplary skills with others in the region in a training capacity.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, or advanced degree with five years of experience in pharmaceutical sales;
- Proven track record of consistent high performance;
- Demonstrated leadership and foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws;
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Experience in the promotion of cardiovascular and/or diabetes and/or nephrology pharmaceuticals;
- Product launch experience;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical and computer capabilities;
- Virtual Sales Experience;
- Strong local relationships with HCPs and understanding of local Market.
Territory: East Bay, Oakland (central location); Berkeley to San Jose
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : California : Oakland|