Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Business Consulting - Project Manager
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Project Manager, are to:
- Provide sole responsibility for (sub-) project management of consulting projects (worldwide across all Bayer divisions and platform functions);
- Include international and cross-sectorial scope and corresponding strategic importance;
- Provide hierarchical allocation of projects usually at the level of department manager;
- Ensure own project scope, team management, deliverables and client relationships;
- Lead in the developing of effective analytical and scientific assessments and programs for clients;
- Lead other strategy and operations management efforts;
- Oversee workshop design, preparation and facilitation;
- Manage project organization with multiple sub-teams, partly with other departments and external consultants;
- Oversee content management of these (sub-) projects, Procedure, Concept, recommendations with regard to content;
- Provide representation for the respective Senior Project Manager, Director or VP with respect to clients (i.e. presentation in steering committees);
- Support the marketing of the BC service spectrum / project acquisition;
- Be able to stay in St. Louis, Missouri, Relocation Assistance and Visa Sponsorship is Available.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- M.B.A or Master’s degree or Ph.D./Doctorate with at least four years of professional project experience;
- Have prior knowledge and experience in the areas of Research and Development, Marketing and Sales, Product Supply, Business Transformation or Performance Improvement;
- Solid knowledge or understanding of at least one of the relevant Bayer industries, Pharma, Consumer Health, Crop Science;
- Demonstrated record of working independently and achieving measurable results;
- Strong understanding of general business processes (accounting, finance, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain etc.);
- Leadership and influencing skills and experience;
- Be able to deal with senior client management in often complex situations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, project management skills, oral and written communication skills, analytical, conceptual and implementation skills;
- Proven experience in a highly client-driven environment, coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude to deliver effective, value-add solutions;
- Willingness and be able to travel domestically and internationally as required on average 50%;
- Demonstrated skill in successfully managing client engagement and people (building effective teams, e.g. interns, junior colleagues, peers);
- Overall proficiency in core consulting skills (e.g. story lining, analytics, interviewing, research / intelligence gathering, workshop facilitation, slide design, etc.).
- Experience in and promotion to Project Manager (or equivalent) at a leading management consulting practice;
- At least four years of professional project experience in the management consulting area.
Domestic relocation may be provided
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, the government has shared more details about the federal contractor guidance, including that colleagues who work for businesses that perform certain federal contracts are required to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021. As a federal contractor, Bayer must follow and implement the federal vaccination requirements. This requirement applies to all current and future Bayer employees working in Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals and Enabling Functions supporting either of the divisions, effective 12/8/21. Currently, Crop Science (CS) colleagues, and Enabling Function colleagues who exclusively support Crop Science, are exempt from this requirement. Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 372165
Functional Area: General Management & Business Consulting
Entry Level : Professional