Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Business Analytics & Data Science Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Business Analytics and Data Science Intern, are to:
- Work with large amounts of data in service of concrete conclusions and actionable insights;
- Communicate complicated technical topics and nuanced insights to diverse audiences;
- Learn new tools and languages quickly as required by the particular project you are working on, with tasks ranging from data processing to production engineering to modeling and machine learning;
- Write data pipelines to convert raw data into aggregated data that can be used as signals;
- Build cutting edge machine learning algorithms to gain deeper insights into the brand and drive sales;
- Automate data pipelines by doing ETL in cloud data systems such as Snowflake;
- Clean data and build pipelines for assistance with brand level ad-hoc analysis.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems or any other Quantitative discipline;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases (SQL, etc.) and strong programming knowledge in Python.
- An interest in, and some exposure to, one or more of the following tools and techniques, SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Data processing and basic statistical methods;
- Previous experience in developing and maintaining complex big data analytical solutions;
- Experience with Machine Learning/Statistical Learning;
- Previous experience working with cloud-based data and analytics platforms, standard business intelligence dashboards and data enrichment techniques.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: New Jersey
Reference Code: 258161
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Student