Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Breeding Ops Associate
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Breeding Operations Associate, are to:
- Manage day to day operations in field, greenhouses, and farming operations on and off-site;
- Ensure application and adoption of best practices in seed handling, geo-positioning (GIS/GPS), crop management, irrigation, plant nutrition, plant health, and harvest to deliver quality data and optimize results for cost, quality, and yield;
- Schedule activities according to crop cycles, supervise and manage contractor labor, and maintain records and supplies;
- Apply proper planning tools to manage tasks such as capacity request and management (transplanting, fertigation, pollination and harvest);
- Coordinate with Pipeline Enablement Associates to own the plan and labor execution for breeding operational tasks as planned, including marker sampling and trial plan execution (seed packet filling, trial preparation and sowing, trial execution, harvest and broad data collection) to relinquish trial sets back to breeding;
- Model daily pollination and hand harvesting efforts to achieve efficiency and maintain accuracy of resource usage and forecasting;
- Leverage metrics applications and quality control processes to realize accuracy, efficiency and expanded improvements to protocols;
- Capture data in Windows and iOS operating systems (desktop computing, iPhones, iPads) and conduct data quality check and assurance to enable timely advancement of vegetable products;
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to deliver results within the crops;
- Explore new technologies to increase capacity, speed up current processes, and deploy novel technologies in data collection;
- Manage seed inventory and support national and international seed shipments;
- Proactively identify opportunities to assist in improving established procedures, and lead troubleshooting activities through root cause analysis and troubleshooting techniques;
- Ensure compliance with Worker Protection Standards (WPS) as well as Bayer safety guidelines and housekeeping practices;
- Perform tasks to ensure compliance with Bayer policies and quality standard, including safeguarding of equipment daily use logs, calibration and maintenance.
This position does not offer Visa Sponsorship
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture, Agronomy, or related field with at least five years of Crop management, either in open field or in in a greenhouse environment OR Master of Science with at least two years of experience;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated ability to influence partners and customers;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team-based and cross-functional team environment;
- Passion to grow and willingness to be intellectually challenged;
- Willingness to influence and inspire others.
- Experience in growing crops in greenhouse and open field.
This position does not offer visa sponsorship assistance
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : California : Woodland|