Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Biotech Data Scientist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Biotech Data Scientist, are to:
- Work with partners across the Biotech organization to turn data into critical information and knowledge for improved process understanding to facilitate data driven decisions making;
- Work in queries large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources, clean and validate the data to ensure accuracy, completeness and uniformity for analysis;
- Perform advanced statistical analyses and data mining using state of the art methods, develop mathematical models to simulate biomanufacturing processes or cellular functions and behavior;
- Develop stories and visualizations to effectively communicate complex analysis in clear, precise and actionable manner and work with data engineering teams to industrialize respective data science products;
- Provide technical assessments based on data analysis and process knowledge, document findings and communicate to help partners understand and interpret results and recommendations.
This role is open to applicants that require domestic relocation.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Science with at least five years of experience or Master of Science in Engineering or Science with at least two years of experience or Ph.D. in Engineering or Science;
- Be able to independently develop and implement complex technical solutions and possesses strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to think creatively and takes initiative and be able to learn new technical topics and develop new technical skills quickly;
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively communicate complex concepts and data insights through the right medium in English;
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, R, MATLAB and respective programming tools such as Gitlab, Jupyter, KNIME, SIMCA;
- Have a strong background in fundamental, descriptive and inferential statistics and multivariate data analysis (MVDA) as well as experience with advanced analytical methods and techniques such as machine learning and takes delight in choosing the right statistical approaches and algorithms.
- Working knowledge of German language;
- Experience in biological process development or manufacturing sciences environment with the use of design of experiments (DoE) and statistical data analysis.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 249761
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional