Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role of Bioprocess Intern are:
- This position will focus on the development of cultivation protocols for biologicals and protein production;
- You will experiment independently to achieve optimizations of cultivation protocols, this can mean that you will review literature, design hypothesis, develop experiments and implement your tested hypothesis;
- Furthermore, this role requires evaluation and testing of lab equipment, therefor assessment of parameters of interests for bioreactors shall be performed;
- Research results shall be analyzed, reports drafted, and results need to be effectively communicated to internal partners;
- Support with routine lab operation is required to ensure a safe lab operation.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Microbiology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or a related discipline;
- Prior hands-on experience on biotechnological lab equipment;
- Familiar with bioreactors and cultivation protocols;
- Proven track record of work within chemical and/or biotech labs;
- Good organization and planning skills;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, strong motivation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.