At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Bioprocess Co-op, are to:
- Be an integral part of a team focusing on the development of new microbial production host for diverse biomolecules;
- Independently review literature, design hypothesis, develop and implement experiments to achieve genomic manipulations in bacterial hosts;
- Analyze research results, draft reports and effectively communicate with partners;
- Collaborate with partners across different functions to drive interdisciplinary project forward;
- Help with routine lab operation to ensure a safe operation within the lab.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Integrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD candidate in molecular biology, microbiology, bioengineering or a related discipline;
- Prior hands-on experience in genetic engineering or metabolic engineering in microorganisms;
- Familiar with bioinformatics tools in genome analysis to guide the engineering approach;
- Expertise in microbial fermentation (shake flask and/or fermenter) and analytical instrument (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) is an advantage;
- Proven track record of independent research and troubleshooting skills;
- Prior experience working with diverse team;
- Excellent organization and planning skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment independently or as part of a team;
- Motivated with a dedicated work ethic;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience working with international teams.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield|