Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Bayer Crop Science OIT Chemical Operator
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The OIT Chemical Operator provides support in the production of quality technical materials and intermediates in a safe and efficient manner. May initially possesses limited knowledge of equipment and processes but has the capability and motivation to learn on the job.
The primary responsibilities of this role, OIT Chemical Operator, are to:
- Read and understand Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
- Stages raw and finished materials and prepares packaging materials;
- Takes required samples during production process;
- Decontaminates equipment and piping for maintenance or disposal;
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment Matrix;
- Maintains inventories of disposable, production, and safety related materials;
- Recognizes material compatibilities;
- Handles waste and other contaminated trash per SOP;
- Conducts charging and filling operations;
- Operates fork trucks and various hand tools;
- Maintains plant Hazard Communication labeling program;
- Maintain excellent housekeeping standards throughout the plant area;
- Assists in product changeover activities;
- Observe all company work and safety procedures and;
- Knowledgeable of RCRA hazardous waste regulations, waste determinations, waste codes, and how to immediately communicate discovery of spills and leaks. Also, must know labeling, inspection, and recordkeeping requirements to accumulate waste in satellite accumulation areas, containers, and tanks.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent with at least that level in reading comprehension, writing, and math;
- At least one year of (post high school) experience in any combination of the following areas:
- Manufacturing Operations;
- Skilled Industrial or Construction Trades including but not limited to technicians, welders, machinists, mechanics, heavy equipment operators, painters, or plumbers;
- Warehouse or Packaging environment;
- Agriculture or Farming;
- Transferable Military Experience;
- Ability to use or learn computer control/display screens, process pumps and equipment, various hand tools, fork trucks, full-face respirator, self-contained breathing apparatus, and various other forms of PPE;
- Ability to work a 24/7 rotating shift, including required overtime hours and weekends and;
- Ability to pass a post-offer physical and perform the essential functions of the role with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Chemical Plant experience.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Kansas City
Reference Code: 344775
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Job Starter