Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Automation Technician, are to:
- Maintain the Process Control Network (PCN) and related equipment;
- Work closely with site staff with automation to maintain, repair, replace or retrofit automation equipment as needed;
- Work with each of the LEAN pillar teams to develop, implement and sustain LEAN manufacturing initiatives at the site with a continuous improvement mind set;
- Communicate, network and partner with stakeholders on and off site to help meet goals;
- Be accountable directly to site leadership for the successful execution of capital projects;
- Establish and maintain Data collection as needed within the PCN;
- Work with multiple production teams on site and across crop and site networks to implement OEE initiatives, reduce waste and maintain existing processes.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least three years of applicable experience;
- Technical Training in Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechatronics and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC);
- Technicians participate in the Technician Progression, this program will guide you to the expected behaviors for your position and a path for growth and development;
- Continuing technical training will be supported and expected to continue through-out your employment.
- Knowledge of PLC programing, electrical troubleshooting, critical problem solving.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 429621
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Job Starter