Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Audit Manager (R&D Auditing)
Internal Audit & Risk Management (IA&RM) safeguards our company against critical risks, building on trusted professionals and leading technologies. It provides independent and objective assurance as well as advisory services on behalf of the Board of Management. Our work enables a holistic view on the global Bayer organization across all functions preparing for an international career in the company. We regularly hire and develop top talents with multidisciplinary backgrounds on different managerial levels. We systematically qualify our employees according to the highest professional standards. The group Internal Audit – Production & Technology and Research & Development conducts internal audits in the three Product Supply organizations and other technical areas, among others, providing deep global insight into a diverse range of activities.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Audit Manager (R&D Auditing) are to:
- Be auditor or lead auditor of an audit activity;
- Lead regular and complex audit activities with teams of two-six auditors, responsible for work assignment;
- Be routinely auditor and team member in large audit activities, leading sub-tasks of the audit;
- Audit focus area will be the Audit Group R&D/P&T Auditing with reviews of different areas like R&D of all Bayer Divisions, Seed Stewardship at Crop Science, Quality, Market Access, Medical Affairs or Pharmacovigilance;
- Execute the analysis and evaluation of business processes for efficiency, profitability and sustainability;
- Be responsible for the analysis and evaluation of internal control systems and compliance with Bayer internal guidelines, laws and other applicable regulations;
- Execute testing according to process description and according to guidance;
- Be responsible for retrieval, review, and analysis of relevant data/information from ERP systems and other Information Technology (IT) sources (mass data analytics);
- Utilize analysis tools developed for internal audit;
- Supervise audit preparation and field work;
- Prepare and align the scope with the audit group manager responsible for this Audit;
- Be responsible for the detailing of the audit scope and the applied methodology and tools and lead the audit accordingly;
- Delegate sub-tasks of the audit to an experienced auditor;
- Develop sound recommendations (based on substantive observations/findings) for business improvements and risk mitigation, preparing the facts for audit report/closing presentation;
- Present and update the respective management of audited organization;
- Consult on best practice approaches or risk mitigation in audit group related areas, such as program/project management and/or facility, production and asset management;
- Monitor and review of work results of audit team;
- Ensure full and complete documentation of audit process and evidences;
- Be responsible for the feedback process of the audit after the audit in specific situations;
- Conduct investigations in compliance cases;
- Document all findings in the audit report, the audit report is written in English;
- Finalize the audit report (in English) and align it with audit manager and senior management of audited function.
WHO YOU ARE
your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values. more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with at least 10 years of relevant working experience;
- Included within the above relevant experience at least six years of which must include relevant industry working experience that directly relate to either Pharma, Consumer Health (OTC) or Crop Science with excellent knowledge of Bayer's business, organization, and the underlying processes (Internal candidates only). Subject matter expertise in a selected audit group;
- Experience in leading teams and providing guidance and leadership (e.g. in audits, projects, managerial positions) as well as proven capability in planning and prioritizing;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as poise, with comfortability in presenting to senior leaders/stakeholders;
- Excellent business partnering skills with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders without direct authority;
- Efficient, structured, systematic and creative way of working;
- Excellent analytical skills, aligned with excellent and proven project management skills as demonstrated by leading past project activity with considerable budget, scope and responsibilities;
- Profound and proven conflict handling and cooperation skills and demonstrated ability to challenge senior leaders;
- Strong capabilities in IT systems and applications supporting business (i.e. ERP);
- Excellent ability to interact with all levels of management, including taking a firm stand with senior leaders;
- Excellent ability to influence upwards;
- Good capability in building efficiently working teams and partnerships;
- Sound understanding of multiple internal audit requirements with ability to act objectively and independently;
- Ability to provide interpretation and guidance on compliance, company policies, and procedures as well as internal and external regulations and guidelines to foster integrity of processes and mitigation of (imminent) risks or relevant experience in comparable functions like QA, Seed Stewardship, R&D, MD, PV, Consulting, and Internal Audit;
- Excellent knowledge of Bayer's business, organization, and the underlying processes;
- Able to travel up to 40% (21 weeks).
- Graduate degree (Master of Science/Master of Business Administration/Ph.D.) with at least seven years of relevant working experience;
- Relevant experience MAY at least 6 years of which must include relevant industry working experience that directly relate to either Pharma, Consumer Health (OTC) or Crop Science;
- Past experience in an internal/corporate Auditor or Big 4 (external candidates);
- Fluent in a foreign language;
- Comfortable to work in multinational, multicultural teams;
- Professional certification (e.g. CIA, CFE, CISA or a CPA).
- Local regulations and legal requirements vary per country of hire and will be discussed with considered candidates individually on their potential of hire.
- The successful candidate may be based in the United States: Missouri: Creve Coeur/St. Louis or Brazil: Sao Paulo: Sao Paulo
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Creve Coeur || United States : Missouri : St. Louis|