Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Associate Technician-3rd shift
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Technician, are to:
- Comply with all workplace standards and safety procedures, including lockout tagout, current good manufacturing practices (cgmps), occupational safety and health administration requirements (osha), standard operating procedures (sops), and company guidelines;
- Take ownership of training and learning to develop high performance competencies such as technical skills, communication skills, and skills to build a team-oriented culture;
- Demonstrate willingness to learn, maintaining qualifications/skills, training team members, motivating and supporting team members, sharing knowledge to continuously improve the process, etc.;
- Demonstrate flexibility to support daily production demands while actively supporting site wide initiatives, ability to problem solve and analyze data to facilitate team discussions/meetings, work independently as an autonomous team member with limited supervision at times;
- Perform equipment setup and changeover activities;
- Take action to safely reduce equipment setup and changeover times;
- Monitor and adjust equipment operating parameters to maximize production, while meeting all product specifications and satisfying production schedules;
- Perform the daily setup and routine operation of the packaging line, including but not limited to bottle in-feed, unscrambler, filler, bottle capper, torquer, labeler, vision systems, weighing systems, bar coding systems, sealers, disassembly/assembly, and cleaning;
- Resolve equipment stoppages and jams, and all material handling as trained;
- Demonstrate integrity while inspecting packaging components, in process items, and packaged drug products to assure compliance to quality standards, identify any non-conforming item and initiate appropriate actions, this includes in process aql checks, scanner checks and continuous monitoring;
- Palletize finished goods and operate motorized and nonmotorized material handling equipment;
- Complete, maintain, and update production documentation, including both electronic and paper-based documentation;
- Perform material movements, material take-outs and yield determinations by following sops and utilizing systems as required such as systems/applications/products (sap), manufacturing execution systems (mes), electronic batch records (ebrs), etc.;
- Perform other duties as trained and assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- At least two years of experience in production, industrial/technical environment OR High School diploma or equivalent with at least six months of experience using motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment and at least six months of experience using an automated inventory system or other computer systems (i.e., sap, mes, Microsoft software, etc.) OR Military experience OR formal post-secondary education /technical training;
- Demonstrated basic mechanical aptitude through job experience or education;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Good business-related PC skills, i.e. Microsoft office suite;
- Demonstrated ability to work safely around equipment or machinery;
- Demonstrated ability to read/interpret/follow instructions in regard to workplace documentation, such as sops, operator manuals, work instructions, etc.;
- Mathematical aptitude in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and metric system;
- Be willing to work overtime as needed, based on production demands.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully changeover/set up multiple pieces of packaging equipment and possess troubleshooting skills;
- Experience in a government regulated, good manufacturing practices (gmp) or standard operating procedures (sop) environment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 300774
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional