Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Associate Technician-2nd Shift
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associated Technician, are to:
- Comply with all workplace standards and safety procedures, including Lockout Tagout, Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Occupational Safety and Health Administration requirements (OSHA), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Company Guidelines;
- Take ownership of training and learning to develop high performance competencies such as technical skills, communication skills and skills to build a team-oriented culture;
- Demonstrate willingness to learn, maintaining qualifications/skills, training team members, motivating and supporting team members, sharing knowledge to continuously improve the process, etc.;
- Demonstrate flexibility to support daily production demands while actively supporting site wide initiatives, ability to problem solve and analyze data to facilitate team discussions/meetings;
- Work independently as an autonomous team member with limited supervision at times;
- Perform equipment setup and changeover activities;
- Act to safely reduce equipment setup and changeover times;
- Monitor and adjust equipment operating parameters to maximize production, while meeting all product specifications and satisfying production schedules;
- Perform the daily setup and routine operation of the packaging line, including but not limited to: bottle in-feed, unscrambler, filler, bottle capper, torquer, labeler, vision systems, weighing systems, bar coding systems, sealers, disassembly/assembly, cleaning, resolving equipment stoppages and jams and all material handling as trained;
- Demonstrate integrity while inspecting packaging components, in process items, and packaged drug products to assure compliance to quality standards, identify any non-conforming item and initiate appropriate actions, including in process AQL checks, scanner checks and continuous monitoring;
- Palletize finished goods and operate motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment;
- Complete, maintain and update production documentation, including both electronic and paper-based documentation;
- Perform material movements, material take-outs and yield determinations by following SOPs and utilizing systems as required such as Systems/Applications/Products (SAP), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Electronic Batch Records (EBRs), etc.;
- Perform other duties as trained and assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least six months of relevant experience using motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment and at least six months experience using an automated inventory system or other computer systems (i.e., SAP, MES, Microsoft Software, etc.) OR Military experience OR two years of experience in production, industrial/technical environment OR, formal post-secondary education /technical training;
- Demonstrated basic mechanical aptitude through job experience or education;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Good business-related PC Skills (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite);
- Demonstrated ability to work safely around equipment or machinery;
- Demonstrated ability to read/interpret/follow instructions in regard to workplace documentation, such as SOP’s, Operator Manuals, Work Instructions, etc.;
- Mathematical aptitude in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and metric system;
- Must be willing to work overtime as required, based on production demands.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully changeover/set up multiple pieces of packaging equipment and possess troubleshooting skills;
- Experience in a government regulated, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or standard operating procedures (SOP) environment.
Reference Code: 211205
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional